HOW IT WORKS
One of the best things about 100+ Women Who Care Mid-Island is the simplicity. It’s an easy way for you to give back to the community and have an impact when your time is limited. Four times a year you'll arrive at meetings with your cheque book in hand and one hour later, you'll leave with a smile. It doesn’t get much simpler than that! Here is how it works:
- Sign up and become a member. JOIN
- Nominate a registered charity. NOMINATE
- Put the next meeting date in your calendar. NEXT MEETING
- Attend four one-hour meetings a year. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and meetings start promptly at 7:30 pm.
- Listen to the meeting announcements and watch as three Registered Charity Nomination Forms are drawn from a basket.
- Learn about three local registered charities from the members who nominated them (or the member's designated presenter). Each member, or designate, will have up to five minutes to give their presentation.
- Vote for one of the three nominated charities.
- Write a $100 cheque to the charity with the most votes.
- Place your cheque in our lanyard name tag casing, and hand it in.
- You're done! But, we would really love it if you could stay for a group photo.
- Receive a tax receipt, for your donation, within eight weeks.
- Spend the next few months looking forward to the upcoming meeting.